Interested property owners and contractors should complete a project interest form before developing a project and submitting a full application. Click here to access the Show Me PACE Project Interest Form.
After you’ve submitted a project interest form to Show Me PACE and are ready to proceed with a full application, click here to access the Show Me PACE Application Form.
Here is the application process.
- Apply: Submit a completed Show Me PACE Application, along with supporting documentation, including:
- Signed bid from a reputable commercial contractor for an eligible project.
- Savings analysis detail, documenting energy savings, water savings, maintenance savings and operations savings.
- Notification to Show Me PACE if the property will join the Better Building Challenge or to enroll into the EPA Portfolio Manager. The Better Buildings Challenge establishes the goal for building owners to reduce their energy use by 20% by the year 2020. The challenge requires monitoring your energy usage using EPA Portfolio Manager and sharing your data with the US Department of Energy and Show Me PACE Clean Energy District. For more information, see https://www4.eere.energy.gov/challenge/partners/better-buildings.
- Get Mortgage Holder Consent: Provide written consent from the existing mortgage holder(s) on the eligible property for the proposed Financing Agreement and treating the payments under the Financing Agreement as special charges applied to the eligible property pursuant to this Program. A Request for Lender Acknowledgement and Notice of Proposed Contractual PACE Special Charge is available here.
- Show Me PACE Approval: Show Me PACE will review the project and, if it meets the program terms, will forward it to the Show Me PACE approved lenders. Once the project is finalized with a PACE lender, Show Me PACE will approve the project if it complies with state statute.
- Financing Agreement with Show Me PACE and Lender: The property owner, PACE lender and Show Me PACE will close the financing.
- Release of Funds: The property owner will draw funds for the project directly from the lender according to terms agreed between those two parties. No later than October 1st of each year, the PACE lender will certify the amount of special charges to be collected from the property, along with a certificate that the work was completed and paid for by the lending institution.
- Pay Special Charge: The voluntarily-assumed PACE special charge will be billed to the property owner each fall, until the loan is fully repaid. The property owner must make this payment or face the same repercussions as those that follow non-payment of the annual property tax bill. The billing will occur separately from the property tax billing, but will be due on the same timeframe.
Figure 1: Relationship of Parties on PACE Transaction